Master of Education - Online
Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. You can apply and start in any semester (Spring, Summer, or Fall) and begin earning your Masters of Education degree with the required scheduled core course and specialization course.
All students admitted to the Master of Education online degree program will need to meet the same standards that applicants who enter other University of San Diego MEd programs do. Program admission standards are as follows. Should you have questions or concerns regarding any or all of these requirements, please contact an Enrollment Advisor to further assess your specific situation:
- Bachelor’s degree* with a GPA of 2.75 or higher from a regionally accredited institution; official transcripts required from every college and university attended
- A personal phone interview
- Two years of prior teaching experience: send a resume of your experience
- Two letters of recommendation from academic or professional supervisors
- Two 500-word essays
- International applicants: a minimum score of 90 on the TOEFL exam and a score of 20 on the written exam; and IELTS minimum score of 7.5
- GRE score is optional
- No teaching credential required; however, participants in the Master of Education California degree program will need access to a classroom of students throughout the program to apply their learning and complete the course assignments as well as their action research project
Call (619) 260-4580, (888) 832-0239 or email an Enrollment Advisor for support questions on the MEd program or the admissions process.
*Special Note: please anticipate that some colleges and universities can take 2 – 3 weeks to prepare and send official transcripts. The application packet is not complete until all official transcripts are received.
Due to regulations from the Department of Education, as of February 23, 2013, the University of San Diego is unable to enroll students in its online degree programs who reside in Alabama, Arkansas, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, and Wisconsin.
What are our students saying...
“I love that I now have the option of earning my Master of Education from a very highly respected university even though I work full time teaching in the classroom and don't live near the campus. I have wanted to find a program like this for a long time, where I wouldn't have to sacrifice quality for the convenience of an online program.”
“The skills I have gained from the Online MEd at USD have helped me succeed as a teacher and made me a more confident, effective, and an intentional educator. Working on my M.Ed. in STEAM was something that impressed many people in my interviews and helped me earn job offers at some of the most prestigious boarding schools in the country."
“I chose the University of San Diego's Master of Education-Online program because of the flexibility. Teaching three different subjects, in addition to coaching basketball and roller hockey, it was important for me to enroll in a program that worked around my schedule."