Curriculum and Instruction
STEAM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math
Literacy and Digital Learning
Inclusive Learning: Special Education and Universal Design
Master of Education - Online
Transform Your Classroom with Innovative Techniques
The University of San Diego Master's of Education (MEd) online degree program at the University of San Diego (USD) prepares you with the knowledge and skills to enhance your teaching. The program places an emphasis on 21st century skills, equity and social justice, classroom inquiry, and a professional response to the Common Core Standards. Students are able to select from four specialties:
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM)
- Literacy and Digital Learning
- Inclusive Learning: Special Education and Universal Design
Experience the University of San Diego Difference
With a strong reputation as an Education Sciences leader in educator development, the University of San Diego is committed to academic excellence and driven to develop educator leaders within the U.S. educational system and around the world.
- Top 100 U.S. Graduate Online Education program (U.S. News and World Report)
- Online flexibility in an interactive, collaborative environment
- Innovative curriculum inspired by current educational scenarios within the K-12 schools and districts
- Strong networking opportunities and experiential learning
- Accomplished faculty with extensive experience in K-12 instruction and research
- Complete the degree in just 20 months
*In order to maximize learning and effectively meet all program requirements, it is expected that candidates will continue to teach while in the University of San Diego Masters of Education program.
For more information about the Master's in Education online degree program, speak with an Enrollment Advisor to Get Started.
What are our students saying...
“I love that I now have the option of earning my Master of Education from a very highly respected university even though I work full time teaching in the classroom and don't live near the campus. I have wanted to find a program like this for a long time, where I wouldn't have to sacrifice quality for the convenience of an online program.”
“I chose the University of San Diego's Master of Education-Online program because of the flexibility. Teaching three different subjects, in addition to coaching basketball and roller hockey, it was important for me to enroll in a program that worked around my schedule."
“The skills I have gained from the Online MEd at USD have helped me succeed as a teacher and made me a more confident, effective, and an intentional educator. Working on my M.Ed. in STEAM was something that impressed many people in my interviews and helped me earn job offers at some of the most prestigious boarding schools in the country."